Uveitis is a common source of ocular pain and the leading cause of blindness in horses. In this session, we will review the different presentations of uveitis in horses and we will learn to identify the clinical signs associated with acute, chronic or recurrent uveitis. We will discuss the treatment of the ongoing uveitis case and management of the recurrent case with particular emphasis on the newest treatment options.
- At the end of the session you should be able to:
- Understand the pathophysiology of uveitis
- Identify the clinical signs associated with acute, chronic and recurrent uveitis
- Construct a rational treatment plan for the acute and recurrent case
- Provide information regarding prognosis to the owner of a horse affected by uveitis
Presented at London Vet Show 2022
Please note this session is not RACE-approved but you can still earn a CPD certificate